What started out as a small module has become a month long project. Some days I sleep well, other days I keep a notebook besides me to jot down ideas. I’ll be putting this project up on Product Hunt and Gumtree as a stand alone module for other developers to use.
Version 1.0 has the following features:
- User can make an account using their email address
- User has to verify their account through activation URL
- User can now access their dashboard
- User can login with the correct credentials
- User can request a password reset upon correctly answering their secret question
- Google recaptcha v.3 (invisible)
Some security precautions taken are:
- Password requirements: 1 uppercase, 1 number and 1 symbol required in the password which should be at least a minimum of 8 characters long
- Secret question and answers
- Activation of account through verification link with a expiry set to 24 hours
- Spam control through invisible honey pot form field
Pretty basic but plug n play it’s most basic form. I’ve tried to make it very beginner friendly by being Verbose and Redundant!
Version 1.1 will have the following additions:
- Registration verified through Google Authentication
- Option to complete registration through OTP via SMS
- Password reset through Google Authentication
- Password reset through OTP
I might get distracted by another project I’ve wanted to do which is Register + Signup through facial verification
Join 7000+ other code newbies
Last year 7000 newbies learned how to code with me! Totally project oriented.
Subscribe and you'll get access to my classes, coupon codes for tech conferences and totally valuable article on jump-starting your career as a developer.