So far I’ve been getting on with VR experiences and dev with a standard pc that I use for standard web development. Decided to build myself a pc since I have a few VR projects that need to be completed by a deadline, I decided to go with a custom built VR dev rig.
The hardware requirements aren’t much different than a gaming pc.
- Graphics card – GeForce RTX 2070 Super
- Processor – i7 (9th generation)
- Motherboard – MSI Z390-A Pro
- RAM – 16gb
- Internal HDD – 1 tb
- SSD – 240gb
- UPS (Uninterrupted Power Supply) – 650w
- Case – Coolermaster tower
- Screen – any HD screen
- Antec cooling fan
- Power supply
- Dvd writer
- The graphics card, processor and motherboard need to be compatible with each other.
- RAM and motherboard need to be compatible (example DDR4)
- Make sure the motherboard has atleast 1 USB 3.0 port
- UPS is needed if electricity supply is not consistent
- I went with a rectangular case instead of a tower because I wanted easy access to the parts
Check these out:
Join 7000+ other code newbies
Last year 7000 newbies learned how to code with me! Totally project oriented.
Subscribe and you'll get access to my classes, coupon codes for tech conferences and totally valuable article on jump-starting your career as a developer.