I’ve finished making level one of JOYG (name of the game). The 1st phase of development involved:
- Making a map on paper
- Greyboxing the map in the game world
- Adding materials and textures to the world
- Adding props like tables, wheels, trash cans, doors
- Putting in particle effects such as fire and steam
- Putting sounds for example fire crackling, steam sounds
- Changing the lighting by making it a night scene
- Adding characters
Join 7000+ other code newbies
Last year 7000 newbies learned how to code with me! Totally project oriented.
Subscribe and you'll get access to my classes, coupon codes for tech conferences and totally valuable article on jump-starting your career as a developer.