The past 2 days I’ve been dealing an Unreal Engine Error. More specifically “DoesPackageExist: DoesPackageExist:FAILED:”None: is not a standard unreal filename or a long path name”
I was unable to package my project as an .exe because the error wouldn’t allow me to since it wasn’t compiling properly.
After reading the error message a couple of times over and searching on forums I resorted to solving the problem by:
- Deleting as assets folder that I had imported into the project through Epic Games
- The project had some characters that were placed in it from this particular folder. So I tried deleting the project folder.
- The project still had references to the characters, so I deleted the references in the game world (on the right side of the screen)
- On restarting UE4, the asset folder was still there!
- On inspecting the map in my own levels folder and the map in the FPS map (provided by UE), I found an un-deleted reference to it. So deleted it from there as well!
- Delete the assets from the Epic Games library
- Delete all instances of the assets from your map
- Delete the assets folder
Finally I have an .exe!
Join 7000+ other code newbies
Last year 7000 newbies learned how to code with me! Totally project oriented.
Subscribe and you'll get access to my classes, coupon codes for tech conferences and totally valuable article on jump-starting your career as a developer.