So far I’ve been getting on with VR experiences and dev with a standard pc that I use for standard web development. Decided to build myself a pc since I have a few VR projects that need to be completed by a deadline, I decided to go with a custom built VR dev rig.
The hardware requirements aren’t much different than a gaming pc.
- Graphics card – GeForce RTX 2070 Super
- Processor – i7 (9th generation)
- Motherboard – MSI Z390-A Pro
- RAM – 16gb
- Internal HDD – 1 tb
- SSD – 240gb
- UPS (Uninterrupted Power Supply) – 650w
- Case – Coolermaster tower
- Screen – any HD screen
- Antec cooling fan
- Power supply
- Dvd writer
- The graphics card, processor and motherboard need to be compatible with each other.
- RAM and motherboard need to be compatible (example DDR4)
- Make sure the motherboard has atleast 1 USB 3.0 port
- UPS is needed if electricity supply is not consistent
- I went with a rectangular case instead of a tower because I wanted easy access to the parts
Check these out: