The past 2 days I’ve been dealing an Unreal Engine Error. More specifically “DoesPackageExist: DoesPackageExist:FAILED:”None: is not a standard unreal filename or a long path name”
I was unable to package my project as an .exe because the error wouldn’t allow me to since it wasn’t compiling properly.
After reading the error message a couple of times over and searching on forums I resorted to solving the problem by:
- Deleting as assets folder that I had imported into the project through Epic Games
- The project had some characters that were placed in it from this particular folder. So I tried deleting the project folder.
- The project still had references to the characters, so I deleted the references in the game world (on the right side of the screen)
- On restarting UE4, the asset folder was still there!
- On inspecting the map in my own levels folder and the map in the FPS map (provided by UE), I found an un-deleted reference to it. So deleted it from there as well!
- Delete the assets from the Epic Games library
- Delete all instances of the assets from your map
- Delete the assets folder
Finally I have an .exe!